- Book a room Book a room Book a room Book a room Book a room Book a room Book a room Book a room Book a room Book a room Book a room Book a room Book a room
Hilton Named One of the World’s 25 Best Places to Work
Recognized on Great Place to Work’s 2016 list based on Team Member feedback
MCLEAN, Va. - Hilton (NYSE: HLT) today announced it has been named one of the World's 25 Best Multinational Workplaces in 2016, according to global research and consulting firm Great Place to Work®. Hilton was selected based on Team Members' assessments of the company's jobs, opportunities for training, and support for work/life balance, among other factors.
With a workforce spanning more than 104 countries and territories, Hilton's recognition is a result of positive feedback from Team Members across the globe. Hilton ranked in all 12 country lists that evaluated the company this year, including number one rankings in China and Turkey.
"We are thrilled to be recognized as one of the World's 25 Best Multinational Workplaces," said Christopher J. Nassetta, president & CEO of Hilton. "Our Team Members' hard work, passion and commitment are at the core of Hilton's success. Together we have built an incredible culture that allows us to deliver the world's best hospitality - both to our guests as well as to our amazing Team Members, who are the heart and soul of our company."
Hilton offers leading programs across the globe that deliver Team Members great environments, rewards and careers, including:
- Go Hilton, a program that provides exclusive travel discounts and perks for Team Members, as well as their family and friends. Since its launch in May, the program has been used to book 800,000 room nights.
- Opportunities for recognition through programs such as Catch Me at My Best, the CEO Light & Warmth Awards and Team Member Appreciation Week that acknowledge Team Members at all levels from guests, peers and managers.
- A comprehensive corporate sustainability platform, Travel with Purpose, that enables Team Members to support environments and communities around the world through celebrations such as Global Month of Service, Travel with Purpose Action Grants and Earth Month.
- Hilton University, a learning and development resource that helps Team Members plan and manage their careers, as well as develop skills to help them advance.
- Resources that make Hilton a great place to work. The Heart of House initiative provides amenities such as wi-fi, popular food offerings and inviting décor to onsite Team Members. Additionally, the Lobby serves as Hilton's central hub for all company news, including daily updates from Team Members across the globe, property news, executive check-ins, community outreach and more.
To see the full list of the World's Best Multinationals, click here. In conjunction with the sixth annual list, Great Place to Work® is publishing a report highlighting the great workplaces across the globe.
Hilton (NYSE: HLT) is a leading global hospitality company, comprising more than 4,800 managed, franchised, owned and leased hotels and timeshare properties with nearly 789,000 rooms in 104 countries and territories. For 97 years, Hilton has been dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences. The company's portfolio of 13 world-class global brands includes Hilton Hotels & Resorts, Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts, Conrad Hotels & Resorts, Canopy by Hilton, Curio - A Collection by Hilton, DoubleTree by Hilton, Embassy Suites by Hilton, Hilton Garden Inn, Hampton by Hilton, Tru by Hilton, Homewood Suites by Hilton, Home2 Suites by Hilton and Hilton Grand Vacations. The company also manages an award-winning customer loyalty program, Hilton HHonors®. Hilton HHonors members who book directly through preferred Hilton channels have access to benefits including an exclusive member discount, free standard Wi-Fi, as well as digital amenities that are available exclusively through the industry-leading Hilton HHonors app, where Hilton HHonors members can check-in, choose their room, and access their room using a Digital Key. Visit news.hiltonworldwide.com for more information and connect with Hilton on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Flickr, LinkedIn and Instagram.
About the World's Best Multinational Workplaces list
Since 2011, Great Place to Work® has identified the top organizations that create great workplaces in multiple countries in which they operate through the publication of the World's Best Multinational Workplaces list. To be considered eligible for the multinational list, companies must meet our definition of a Multinational Company and appear on a minimum of 5 national best workplaces lists that rank organizations based on the results of their Trust Index© employee survey and Culture Audit© assessment (to qualify in the United States, we look at winners of the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For® list). The results of those national lists, in addition to extra points awarded for the number of countries an organization surveyed employees in, and the percentage of the company's global workforce represented by those surveys, are combined to create a top 25 ranking.
Candidates for the list must have a minimum of 5,000 employees worldwide, and 40% of their workforce (or 5,000 employees) must be based outside of the country in which they are headquartered. Candidates for the 2016 World's Best Multinational Workplaces list will have appeared on the following lists: Best Workplaces in Asia 2016, Best Workplaces in Latin America 2016, Best Workplaces in Europe 2016, Best Workplaces in Canada 2016, Best Workplaces in Nigeria 2016, Best Workplaces in Brazil 2016 and Fortune Best Companies to Work For in US 2016.
About Great Place to Work®
Great Place to Work® is the global authority on high-trust, high-performance workplace cultures. Through proprietary assessment tools, advisory services, and certification programs, including Best Workplaces lists and workplace reviews, Great Place to Work® provides the benchmarks, framework, and expertise needed to create, sustain, and recognize outstanding workplace cultures. In India, Great Place to Work® produces the annual "India's Best Companies to Work For" in partnership with the Economic Times, and a series of Great Place to Work® industry lists, including Best Workplaces lists for IT & ITeS, NGOs, and SMEs, and Retail.