- Book a room
- About Us
- Brand Portfolio
- Careers Home
- Why Choose Us
- Our Brands
- Areas of Talent
- Diversity & Inclusion
- U.S. Military
- Corporate Responsibility
- Americas News
Hilton Worldwide Participates in Inaugural Blackstone Veterans Hiring Summit
Representatives from the White House, U.S. Military, Departments of Labor and Veterans Affairs, Hilton Worldwide and Partnering Blackstone Portfolio Companies Meet to Advance Hiring of Veterans
MCLEAN, Va. - This week, human resources executives from Hilton Worldwide are attending Blackstone's inaugural Veterans Hiring Summit to support the hiring of American veterans across the alternative asset management firm's portfolio companies.
In support of the White House's "Joining Forces" initiative, in April Blackstone committed to hire 50,000 American veterans across its portfolio of 78 companies over the next five years. The summit was designed to help hiring executives within Blackstone's portfolio companies learn how to attract and hire veterans and to help the U.S. Military and veterans organizations learn how they can help facilitate this recruitment initiative.
As part of this commitment, Hilton Worldwide pledged to hire 10,000 veterans in the next five years. This goal was included in last month's announcement of Hilton Worldwide's Operation: Opportunity, a major initiative to provide extensive support to American military veterans and their families.
In addition to human resources executives from Blackstone's 78 portfolio companies, the summit is featuring Curtis L. Coy, Deputy Under Secretary for Economic Opportunity at the Department of Veterans Affairs; Terry Gerton, Deputy Assistant Secretary for the Veterans Employment and Training Service (VETS) at the Department of Labor; Col. Rich Morales, Executive Director of Joining Forces at the Office of the First Lady; and Col. Robert Yost, Director of the U.S. Army's Transition Strategic Outreach Office.
The summit is covering a wide range of topics related to the veteran hiring initiative, including the strengths of the veteran applicant pool, coordination with local VA offices, and the role of mentorship in ensuring a positive transition to civilian life for those who have served our nation.
- Hilton HHonors Worldwide
- Waldorf Astoria Collection Discover a group of unique and extraordinary hotels inspired by New York's legend.
- Conrad Hotels & Resorts The contemporary luxury brand of Hilton Hotels.
- Hilton Hotels With more than 500 hotels & resorts on six continents, Hilton remains the most recognized hotel brand.
- DoubleTree Warm. Comfortable. Friendly. We provide true comfort to today's business and leisure travelers.
- Embassy Suites Hotels Relaxed, upscale environment with over 200 all-suite locations in the US, Canada and Latin America.
- Hilton Garden Inn Sleep Deep, Work Smart, Eat Well, Stay Fit and Treat Yourself with every stay.
- Hampton Hotels Trusted for a good night's rest by value conscious and quality minded travelers.
- Homewood Suites by Hilton Whether you're traveling for a few nights or for a few months, you can Make Yourself at Home®.
- Home2 Suites by Hilton New from the Hilton Hotels, an all-suite brand of extended stay hotels.
- Hilton Grand Vacations Enjoy the benefits of your very own vacation villa, without the hassles of second home ownership.