- About Hilton Worldwide
- Brand Portfolio
- Careers Home
- Why Choose Us
- Our Brands
- Areas of Talent
- Diversity & Inclusion
- U.S. Military
- Corporate Responsibility
- Contact Us
- Cookie Fact Sheet
Cookie Fact Sheet
The Cookie by DoubleTree: More Than 230 Million Warm Welcomes Proudly Served Around the World
DoubleTree by Hilton hotels have built a reputation on a sweet treat that keeps leisure and business travelers coming back for more - its oven-fresh chocolate chip cookie, which is presented to each guest at check-in. 2011 marked the 25th anniversary of this beloved sweet treat. In what has become a refreshing welcome to travelers for more than 25 years, the Cookie by DoubleTree has played a starring role in differentiating the brand's delivery of hospitality from its competition.
Following are a few "tid-bites" about this hospitality icon:
- DoubleTree by Hilton gives out approximately 65,000 chocolate chip cookies each day. That's more than 25,000,000 warm welcomes annually!
- DoubleTree by Hilton began giving out chocolate chip cookies in the 1980s, when many hotels across the country used them as treats for VIPs.
- In 1986, the same secret recipe for today's chocolate chip cookie welcome at all DoubleTree by Hilton hotels around the world was created.
- A select group of bakeries around the world currently hold the brand's secret recipe, which ensures that the same, delicious cookie is delivered consistently at every DoubleTree by Hilton hotel and resort.
- Every DoubleTree by Hilton chocolate chip cookie is baked fresh daily at each hotel.
- Each cookie weighs more than 2 ounces and has an average of 20 chocolate chips.
- More than 850,000 pounds of chocolate chips are used each year for DoubleTree by Hilton's cookies.
- To date, more than 250,000,000 cookies have been served to delighted guests and customers.
- More than 1,250,000 chocolate chip cookies have been donated by DoubleTree by Hilton hotels to celebrate and thank deserving members of the community from doctors and nurses to police and firefighters as well as non-profit groups such as food banks and homeless shelters.
- From the United Kingdom to China and Tanzania to Canada, the signature chocolate chip cookie welcome is presented to travelers at more than 330 Doubletree locations around the world.
- Hilton HHonors Worldwide
- Waldorf Astoria Collection Discover a group of unique and extraordinary hotels inspired by New York's legend.
- Conrad Hotels & Resorts The contemporary luxury brand of Hilton Hotels.
- Hilton Hotels With more than 500 hotels & resorts on six continents, Hilton remains the most recognized hotel brand.
- DoubleTree Warm. Comfortable. Friendly. We provide true comfort to today's business and leisure travelers.
- Embassy Suites Hotels Relaxed, upscale environment with over 200 all-suite locations in the US, Canada and Latin America.
- Hilton Garden Inn Sleep Deep, Work Smart, Eat Well, Stay Fit and Treat Yourself with every stay.
- Hampton Hotels Trusted for a good night's rest by value conscious and quality minded travelers.
- Homewood Suites by Hilton Whether you're traveling for a few nights or for a few months, you can Make Yourself at Home�.
- Home2 Suites by Hilton New from the Hilton Hotels, an all-suite brand of extended stay hotels.
- Hilton Grand Vacations Enjoy the benefits of your very own vacation villa, without the hassles of second home ownership.