- About Hilton Worldwide
- Brand Portfolio
- Careers Home
- Why Choose Us
- Our Brands
- Areas of Talent
- Diversity & Inclusion
- U.S. Military
- Corporate Responsibility
- Contact Us
- Executive Bio- Phil Cordell
Executive Bio- Phil Cordell
Phil Cordell serves as Global Head for Focused Service and Hampton Brand Management for Hilton Worldwide, the internationally recognized preeminent hospitality company. The company develops, owns, manages or franchises more than 3,800 hotels globally. Its portfolio includes many of the world's best known and most highly regarded hotel brands, including Hilton, DoubleTree, Embassy Suites, Hampton Inn/Suites, Hampton Hotels, Hilton Garden Inn, Homewood Suites, Home2 Suites, Waldorf, and Conrad.
Over 30 years in the hospitality industry, Cordell and his team have grown Hampton Hotels into the largest hotel brand in America - and the only hotel brand in the world to top the "Franchise 500" list for two consecutive years. An expert in branding, franchise management and customer service, Cordell has been interviewed by The New York Times, USA Today, Entrepreneur Magazine, Harvard Business Review, Fox Business and others, has received numerous awards and recognition for his leadership and for contributions to the hospitality industry and is a frequent speaker and panelist on a wide variety of business and industry topics.
Rising from general manager of a single Hampton hotel, Cordell now leads all of Hilton's focused-service brands, including Hilton Garden Inn, Hampton Hotels, Homewood Suites and Home2 Suites. He is responsible for every aspect of these brands, including strategy, global development, strategic brand positioning, product and service standards, marketing, public relations, brand culture, brand communications, hotel operations support and franchise relations.
Cordell and his team have helped grow Hampton Hotels into the largest hotel brand in the U.S. - with nearly 1,900 hotels - by delivering the amenities and offerings guests need while traveling for business or leisure: free hot breakfast, free Wi-Fi, a clean and fresh bed, Power Units with additional charging outlets, ironing boards and curved shower rods, all bundled by the industry's first money-back 100% Hampton Guarantee. This continuing focus on the guest needs earned Hampton a number of service awards including a J.D. Power & Associates "Customer Service Champion" recognition in 2012.
Cordell gained his franchising expertise early in his career at Hilton when he helped to develop many of Hilton's franchise support systems - including the original quality assurance process, training programs, guest assistance functions and hotel field support. In his roles as Vice President of Franchise Operations and subsequently as Vice President of Hotel Performance Support, Cordell worked across a number of Hilton's premier brands, including DoubleTree, Embassy Suites, Hampton Hotels and Homewood Suites.
Cordell began his hospitality career in 1983, joining Promus as a manager with Holiday Inn hotels. He later joined the Hampton Hotels division, rising to become a key executive in Hilton Worldwide's corporate leadership team in the 1990s.
Despite a work schedule filled with extensive business travel, Cordell enjoys exploring new countries, cultures and meeting new people.
- Hilton HHonors Worldwide
- Waldorf Astoria Collection Discover a group of unique and extraordinary hotels inspired by New York's legend.
- Conrad Hotels & Resorts The contemporary luxury brand of Hilton Hotels.
- Hilton Hotels With more than 500 hotels & resorts on six continents, Hilton remains the most recognized hotel brand.
- DoubleTree Warm. Comfortable. Friendly. We provide true comfort to today's business and leisure travelers.
- Embassy Suites Hotels Relaxed, upscale environment with over 200 all-suite locations in the US, Canada and Latin America.
- Hilton Garden Inn Sleep Deep, Work Smart, Eat Well, Stay Fit and Treat Yourself with every stay.
- Hampton Hotels Trusted for a good night's rest by value conscious and quality minded travelers.
- Homewood Suites by Hilton Whether you're traveling for a few nights or for a few months, you can Make Yourself at Home�.
- Home2 Suites by Hilton New from the Hilton Hotels, an all-suite brand of extended stay hotels.
- Hilton Grand Vacations Enjoy the benefits of your very own vacation villa, without the hassles of second home ownership.