- Book a room
- Hampton Hotels receives 12 HSMAI Adrian Awards:
- Hampton Hotels awarded Women's Choice Award as most recommended within "Midscale Hotel" Category for Best Overall Service, Romantic Getaways, and Family Travel.
- Hampton reaches 1,900 hotels globally with the opening of the Hampton Inn Manhattan/United Nations.
- Hampton by Hilton announces Dutch debut with the opening of two new properties in The Netherlands, the Hampton by Hilton Amsterdam Airport Schipol and the Hampton by Hilton Amsterdam/Arena Boulevard.
- The brand opens its first two hotels in the country of Colombia, the Hampton by Hilton Cartagena and the Hampton by Hilton Barranquilla.
- For the third consecutive year, Hampton Hotels was named the #1 franchise on Entrepreneur Magazine's annual Franchise 500® list, known as the world's first, best, and most comprehensive franchise ranking.
- Hampton Hotels launches a new community relations platform, Hands-On Hamptonality, created to inspire acts of service, large and small, in order to help build stronger communities through the spirit of hospitality. More than 200 team members around the world contributed more than 800 hours of service during the kick-off, aligned with Hilton Worldwide's first annual Global Week of Service.
- Hampton Hotels' Save-A-Landmark program achieves goal of preserving at least one landmark in every U.S. state at the Kilauea Lighthouse in Hawaii.
- Brand launches "Feel the Hamptonality" advertising campaign to shine light on the brand's unique and delightful internal culture and innovative product. "Hamptonality" is a term that the brand uses to define the proactive, friendly service that Hampton hotel team members offer guests daily, aligning with the product and amenities at the hotels.
- For the second consecutive year, Hampton Hotels was named the #1 franchise on Entrepreneur Magazine's annual Franchise 500® list, known as the world's first, best, and most comprehensive franchise ranking.
- Hampton Hotels was the first hotel brand ever to be ranked #1 in Entrepreneur Magazine's annual Franchise 500®, known as the world's first, best, and most comprehensive franchise ranking.
- Hampton Hotels' Save-A-Landmark community program celebrated its 10 year anniversary milestone and 55th landmark renovation by helping to preserve President Lincoln's Cottage, a National Monument and National Trust Historic Site, in Washington, DC.
- The Hampton Inn and Suites Sarasota/Bradenton International Airport achieves LEED® Silver certification, as recognized by the U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC) as the first Hampton Hotel property to earn recognition for sustainable building design, construction and operations.
- All Hampton properties announce the inclusion of waffles in its hot, free breakfast offering. Hampton kicks-off offering by baking 7,000 waffles during a launch event in New York City.
- Hampton Hotels is ranked #4 in Entrepreneur Magazine's annual Franchise 500®, known as the world's first, best, and most comprehensive franchise ranking.
- Hampton Hotels celebrates the hotel's 20th anniversary of its 100% Hampton Satisfaction Guarantee.
- Hampton celebrates its 1,500 hotel milestone with the opening of the 101-room Colorado Springs Hampton Inn & Suites.
- All Hampton properties throughout Canada and Mexico are re-branded as Hampton by Hilton, to draw on the international strength of Hampton's parent-brand, Hilton.
- The 20th Hampton hotel opens in Canada, bringing the brand's total room count in the country to 2,238.
- Hampton Hotels announces that every guestroom - equaling more than 140,000 rooms and approximately 210,000 beds - in all of its more than 1,450 hotels feature its superior bedding package, the Clean and Fresh Bedding.
- Hampton expands its award-winning "Save-A-Landmark" program into Latin America for the first time with a project restoring portions of Monterrey's Parque Zoologico La Pastora, the largest zoo in north Mexico.
- Hampton is presented with the National Preservation Honor Award - the first hotel chain ever recognized by The National Trust for Historic Preservation for its sustained efforts as part of its Save-A-Landmark program.
- Hampton helps refurbish the U.S. Olympic Training Center Outdoor Training and Recreational Pool in Colorado Springs, Colo. as part of the Hilton Family overall sponsorship of the U.S. Olympic and Paralympic Teams with $225,000 in pool renovations.
- Hampton announces its partnership with the U.S. Cycling Team to help elite cyclists train with ease as the official hotel sponsor of USA Cycling through 2008, as an extension of the Hilton Family of Hotels' U.S. Olympic and Paralympic Team sponsorship.
- Hampton launches an online state-of-the-art guest resource entitled "My Hampton", representing a new property-specific default home page served up when guests log on to high-speed Internet service at every property. This resource provides local restaurants, maps and directions and news at guests' fingertips.
- Hampton announces new super-comfortable bedding package, the Clean and Fresh Bedding- featuring a crisp, white duvet cover, enveloping a plush down-like comforter and white 200-thread count sheets. The bed features three or four pillows (depending on room type) providing consumers a choice in firmness, a lumbar pillow that provides guests back support if they choose to read, watch television or enjoy the Hampton lap desk and work while resting in bed.
- Brand extension Hampton Inn & Suites Hotels celebrates its 10-year anniversary.
- Hampton celebrated its 1,300 hotel milestone with the opening of the 228-room Hampton Inn Washington, D.C., in one of the nation's most dynamic urban markets.
- Hampton Launches hamptonlandmarks.com - an online travel guide that uncovers the exact locations of both obscure and infamous moments, landmarks and hidden treasures.
- In the single largest and fastest transformation ever undertaken by a hotel brand to dramatically enhance the guest experience at each of its hotels, Hampton unveils more than 127 feature product changes were introduced at all Hampton hotels services, ranging from a new free On the House hot breakfast and On the Run breakfast bags, Purity Basics bath products and a curved shower rod, complimentary wireless high-speed Internet access and the industry's easiest-to-set radio alarm clock, as part of the "Make It Hampton" program aimed to differentiate the brand's offerings and emotionally connect with its customers.
- Hampton announces the grand opening of the Hampton Inn-Cedar City, Utah. The hotel is first "small town prototype" Hampton Inn-a new type of hotel designed specifically for smaller towns.
- Hampton launches first-ever "weekends-only" travel Web site entitled "1,000 weekends".
- Hampton announces the ground breaking of its first "small town" prototype hotel in Cedar City, Utah.
- Hampton achieves major milestone with the opening of its 1000th hotel in Hayward, Calif.
- Hampton officially becomes the midscale (without food & beverage) brand of Hilton Hotels Corporation through completion of the merger with Promus Hotel Corporation on November 30, 1999.
- 750th Hampton hotel opens in Taos, NM.
- Hampton Hotel opens its first Caribbean property in San Juan, Puerto Rico.
- Hampton opens hotel in Sioux Falls, SD, creating a presence for the hotel chain in all 48 contiguous United States.
- Hampton opens its first hotel in Alaska (Anchorage).
- Hampton opens its first South American property in Iquique, Chile.
- Hampton Inn & Suites opens its 25th hotel, in Charlottesville, VA.
- Hampton Inn & Suites opens its first international hotel property, Calgary, Alberta, Canada.
- Promus Hotel Corporation announces free customized route planning from each of its hotel chains' Web sites on the Internet.
- Promus Hotel Corporation announces online confirmation and cancellation capabilities through its Web site.
- Promus Hotel Corporation begins testing a self-service check-in alternative for guests through hotel lobby kiosks at select locations.
- Promus Hotel Corporation announces online reservation capabilities through its web site.
- Promus Hotel Corporation forms following the split of The Promus Companies Incorporated into two separate public companies.
- The first Hampton Inn & Suites hotel opens in Newport News, VA.
- Hampton opens its first Central American property in San Jose, Costa Rica.
- Hampton, Homewood Suites and Embassy Suites become the first major hotel companies to distribute chain wide and individual hotel information via the Internet.
- Hampton increases non-smoking room inventory to 75 percent throughout the system.
- Hampton introduces a new "blended" hotel product, Hampton Inn & Suites.
- Hampton opens its first Mexican property in Monterrey (Hampton Inn & Suites Monterrey Norte).
- The Promus Companies form Promus Hotels division to oversee the management of Hampton, Embassy Suites and Homewood Suites hotels under the direction of President and CEO Ray Schultz.
- Hampton opens its first international property (Niagara Falls-At The Falls, Canada).
- Hampton modifies prototype hotel design introduced for development in communities with populations of 75,000 or less.
- Hampton Hotel's parent company becomes The Promus Companies Incorporated.
- Hampton introduces an unconditional 100% Satisfaction Guarantee, a first within the lodging industry.
- Holiday Inn Corporation announces that the Holiday Inn brand would be acquired by Bass PLC of London, and Hampton Hotels' parent company would be reorganized and renamed.
- Hampton Nationwide Reservation System links to PARS (TWA/Northwest); DATAS II (Delta); SYSTEM ONE (Continental); APOLLO (Untied) and SABRE (American) airline reservation systems.
- Special services for hearing-impaired are launched system wide.
- 1984 First Hampton hotel opens in Memphis-I-40 East, TN
- Hampton Inns, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Holiday Inns, Inc. incorporates in the State of Delaware.
- First ground breaking ceremony in Memphis, TN.
- Presentation to board of International Association of Holiday Inns (IAH) and major developers.
- Holiday Inns' "Limited Service Hotel Division" established; Ray Schultz is named president.